The Belfry proudly announces AUDITIONS for our season opener
Done to Death
A Mystery-Comedy done in Two Acts
Directed by Nancy Lafferty
Done to Death is a murder mystery comedy written by Fred Carmichael. The plot focuses on five has-been mystery fiction writers who are brought to the mysterious Vulture's Vault to collaborate on and write a new murder mystery TV series. When real murders start to happen, hilarity ensues.
The play is a huge parody of the murder mystery genre as the writers have their own styles that they use in hopes of figuring out the murders. Fast-paced and full of action!!
Auditions will be held at the Belfry located at 10690 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville, IN 46060 Sunday, July 30 at 6:00 p.m. and Monday, July 31 at 7:00 p.m.
Performance dates: Friday and Saturday performances at 8:00 p.m. September 22, 23, 29, 30, October 6, 7 with Sunday matinees on October 1 and 8 at 2:00 p.m.
Please prepare a short (one minute) monologue. There will be readings from the script.
You may complete your audition form before arriving. Please print form by clicking the button below.
- Jessica Olive – female middle to late thirties – attractive and sophisticated, rich, wife and writing partner of Whitney Olive
- Whitney Olive – male, late thirties, early forties – witty, sophisticated, perfect gentleman, well-dressed, husband and writing partner of Jessica Olive
- Mildred Maxwell – female, late fifties or early sixties, determined and opinionated, author
- Brad Benedict – Male, twenties, thirties, shy, quiet sense of humor, author
- Rodney Duckton – male, oldest of the five authors, energetic, enthusiastic, and well-dressed
- Jason Summers – male, thirties, efficient-looking, enthusiastic, slightly nervous television producer
- Jane – female, eager, young, pretty maid
- Gregory – male, butler who resembles Dracula, speaks in a deep, Middle-European accent
Secondary Characters: (may be doubled)
- Stagehand – male or female – unimpressed by others
- George – male, thirty-ish, soft-spoken and sophisticated, portrays a villain, dresses in the thirties era
- Martha – female, severe and hardened, dresses in the thirties era
- Girl – ingénue from the twenties era
Additional characters with few lines(can be doubled)
- Stephanie Mildaur
Presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.